From ST2205u wiki
- For sale in: amazon.com, newegg.com, Toysrus (Brick and Mortar/Online) 24.99~29.99 Warning: Unhackable MP model is now more likely to be what you will get when you order it from Amazon.com.
- Display: 128X128, 12bit/24bit, PCF8833 compatible
- Check this photo to see how the packaging differs on SX/MP
- Here are photos for the packaging of the also incompatible BW (front/back)
DP-151SX or DPKEY
- status: supported
- SX being the newest in retail channels (newer, marking on back)
- ICs: AMIC A29L800ATV-70F (512k x 16b) or (1M x 8b) datasheet
- cpu die-based pkg under black epoxy
- pcb markings: Ver 05 2007-8-29 BDD-140-0013 TCX E25033b
- Unit received 6th November '08: Had to change OFFY to 0 (profile + backup) --MarkoS 19:06, 6 November 2008 (CET)
- This model is now up to PCB version 7 as of November 28th 2008. V7 is incompatible with the V5 spec and you'll need to use the code here. The packaging is slightly different than the pictured SX V5; the "OS Support" line on the back is much shorter than the "File Format Support" line rather than about the same length. Backlight control is not functional atm.
- Profile for PCB v8
Correct DMESG for hackable version:
[861951.533124] scsi 79:0:0:0: Direct-Access SITRONIX MULTIMEDIA 0.09 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS [861951.534124] sd 79:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 0 [861951.544120] sd 79:0:0:0: [sdb] 4096 512-byte logical blocks: (2.09 MB/2.00 MiB) [861951.547088] sd 79:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off [861951.547097] sd 79:0:0:0: [sdb] Mode Sense: 0b 00 00 08 [861951.547103] sd 79:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through [861951.559081] sd 79:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through [861951.559120] sdb: unknown partition table [861951.597149] sd 79:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through [861951.597195] sd 79:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk
- This may be compatible with DPF_with_AppoTech_AX206 as coby_dp151_white
- status: NOT SUPPORTED!!!
- older model
- ICs: (1M x 16b) SST 39VF1601 datasheet
- peek inside: pics
- cpu is 100pin from MARS Semiconductor MR7910B-0B
- Coby download site has PhotoViewer (sx, mp) versions
- amazon ads say 24bit pixels, up to 60 pics Amazon likely using incorrect stock images for product.
- status: Supported by dpf-ax
- see: DPF with AppoTech AX206